Our Annual Report and Year in Review
UN Global Compact Network Australia | November 30, 2015
2015 has been a watershed year for the international development agenda. It has also been the most significant year yet for the GCNA, and we are delighted to share with you our 2015 Annual Report.
Here are a few of our highlights:
- Announcement of a significant two-year partnership with DFAT aimed at building business engagement in sustainable development and the SDGs.
- Launch of the GCNA Sustainable Development Leadership Group.
- Continuing strong membership growth, with a number of new members since the start of the 2014/2015 financial year including ANZ Bank, David Jones, Deloitte, EY, Fairtrade Australia & NZ, Intrepid Travel, National Australia Bank, Optus, Republic of Everyone, Stockland, Tata Consultancy Services, Visy Industries, Wesfarmers, Yarra Valley Water, Australia-Africa Mining Industry Group, Monash University and RMIT University.
- 18 events delivered over 12 months, engaging over 900 participants.
- Appointment of GCNA Executive Manager, Alice Cope as regional representative to the UN Global Compact’s Local Networks Advisory Group.
- Over the next 12 months, and following the recent launch of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the GCNA will look to energise the role of the private sector in sustainable development domestically and internationally, through our new Sustainable Development Leadership Group and our continuing Human Rights, Environmental and Anti-Corruption Leadership Groups.
We thank our members, partners and other stakeholders for their continued support and drive to create a sustainable and inclusive future.