VIDEO | Bite-sized Learning – Circularity and Packaging
Farah Dirgantoro | October 2, 2023
The UN Global Compact Network Australia met with Chris Foley, the CEO at Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation for our latest Bite-sized Learning video to address the question ‘How can Australian businesses better integrate principles of circularity into their business models?’.
Join our Environment and Climate Change team at UN Global Compact Network Australia, Farah Dirgantoro and Dr Evan B Center, to find out what businesses can do to eliminate problematic plastic packaging through redesign, innovation, and alternative delivery models.
In this Bite-sized learning, Chris Foley discusses:
- What businesses can do to eliminate problematic plastic packaging through redesign, innovation, and alternative delivery models.
- How to look at material flows more strategically to achieve broad-reaching social, economic, and environmental benefits.
- Why collaboration with the right partners and engaging with suppliers can present exciting opportunities in the work towards a circular economy.
Resources mentioned in this video include:
- Australia’s 2025 National Packaging Targets. APCO. Available at: https://apco.org.au/national-packaging-targets
- Australia and New Zealand Single-use Plastic Bans. APCO. Available at: https://documents.packagingcovenant.org.au/public-documents/Australia%20and%20New%20Zealand%20Single-use%20Plastic%20Bans
- Quick Guide to APCO’s Action Plan to Phase Out PFAS in FibreBased Food Contact Packaging. APCO. Available at: https://documents.packagingcovenant.org.au/public-documents/Quick%20Guide%20to%20APCO’s%20Action%20Plan%20to%20Phase%20Out%20PFAS%20in%20Fibre-Based%20Food%20Contact%20Packaging
- ANZPAC Plastics Pact Roadmap to 2025. ANZPAC. Available at: https://documents.packagingcovenant.org.au/public-documents/ANZPAC%20Roadmap%20to%202025