Water is one of the greatest sustainability challenges facing business and is a key issue for Australia as the world’s driest inhabited continent. Water underpins the global economy—it is essential for agriculture, manufacturing, metal, thermal energy, food, beverages, textiles, pulp, paper and many other industries. Water issues, including access, scarcity and pollution are fundamental risks to business that affect the bottom-line and carry environmental and social implications.
In this webinar, the CEO Water Mandate (the UN Global Compact’s action platform on water stewardship) and China Water Risks (an initiative dedicated raising awareness of fundamental water risks that affect business and the bottom-line) will share insights on how companies can identify water-related risks and implement sustainable water practices.
The webinar will also present company case studies from H&M and Olam, which will highlight actions businesses are already taking to address and manage water risks through their strategies and operations.
This webinar will:
- Provide an overview of global water risks and what these mean for business
- Introduce the CEO Water Mandate
- Share insights on key outcomes and opportunities from the recent World Water Week
- Highlight tools, resources and engagement opportunities to help companies manage water-related risks
- Provide an opportunity for Q&A with the speakers