Join the Global Compact Network Australia, WWF Australia, Griffith University, and leading Australian businesses as we launch ‘Building a Net Zero Future: Australian Businesses Taking Science-Based Climate Action’.
Over the last 18 months, we embarked on a study to determine the motivations and business processes adopted within organisations that have set science-based targets in Australia.
This event will launch the findings and the publication.
The publication draws on interviews with Australian businesses and organisations, including case studies of the approaches adopted by seven organisations when setting science-based targets (Bank Australia, Downer, Intrepid Travel, Investa, Singtel and Optus, Taylors Wines, and Transurban).
In addition to discussing the study’s findings, we will hear from three Australian businesses whose case studies are included in the publication.
Join us to find out how to set a science-based target, and gain insight into how other organisations have overcome challenges to ultimately benefit from committing to science-based targets.
- Corinne Schoch, Head of Programmes, Global Compact Network Australia
- Dr Robert Hales, Director, Griffith Centre for Sustainable Enterprise, Griffith University
- Monica Richter, Senior Manager – Low Carbon Futures, WWF Australia
- Akhil Abraham, Head of Climate Diplomacy, British High Commission
- Jarrah Bassal, Sustainability Manager, Energy and Carbon, Transurban
- Ricky Bridge, Group General Manager Environment, Sustainability and Reporting, Downer
- Susanne Etti, Environmental Impact Specialist, Intrepid Travel