Who we are
Melbourne Water manages and protects our city’s major water resources, working on behalf of the community.
We help make Melbourne a fantastic place to live. On any given day we:
- manage water supply catchments, supplying affordable and high-quality water
- treat and supply drinking and recycled water
- remove and treat most of Melbourne’s sewage, ensuring that sewerage is reliable
- manage waterways and major drainage systems in the Port Phillip and Westernport region
- provide integrated drainage and flood management services
- help to create outstanding natural community spaces.
We are committed to enhancing life and liveability for the greater Melbourne region. Our strategic direction outlines this vision in three areas:
- Healthy people – strengthening the wellbeing of the community.
- Healthy places – co-creating the world’s most desirable places to live.
- Healthy environment – enhancing the natural environment.