The Global Compact Network Australia invites you to an invitation-only forum on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the business case for the SDGs and how business can take practical action to advance the SDGs.
This week, the UN will launch the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which lay out a path over the next 15 years to end extreme poverty, fight inequality and injustice, and protect our planet.
The SDGs represent a crucial opportunity for business to strengthen efforts to meet existing corporate sustainability responsibilities and commitments, and identify new opportunities to integrate sustainable development thinking into strategy.
This interactive forum will introduce the SDG Compass – a practical guide for business action to advance the SDGs, being launched by the UN Global Compact, GRI and WBCSD – and its five-part framework for business action on the SDGs: building the business case, assessing impacts and defining priorities, setting goals, implementation and communicating impact.
It will also help you get across the new global sustainable development agenda and answer key questions, such as:
- What are the SDGs?
- What do the SDGs mean for business? What is the private sector’s responsibility in achieving them?
- What is the business case for taking action on the SDGs?
- How can companies practically take action?
- How do the SDGs fit with existing corporate sustainability strategies?
- How can companies innovate to take advantage of the opportunities the SDGs give rise to?
- What is the role of business vis-à-vis other sectors?
The forum will also launch new research on sustainable development innovation from Futureye.