The current COVID-19 context is presenting new challenges and applying significant pressure on people and business.
Pressing pause on human rights isn’t an option. Businesses will need to demonstrate to governments, regulators, business partners, investors and other stakeholders that they can uphold their responsibility to respect human rights.
This online 101 workshop will help you understand your organisation’s responsibilities, how to address adverse human rights impacts and the steps to prevent and address these impacts.
Led by Vanessa Zimmerman, Director and Chair, Human Rights, Global Compact Network Australia this online 101 workshop will introduce the concept of human rights and explain what is expected of business under the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (UNGPs) – the authoritative global reference point on business and human rights.
The online 101 workshop will explore:
- What human rights are
- How human rights are relevant to business
- The business case for respecting human rights
- Key elements of business responsibility in respect to the UNGPs including drafting a human rights policy, human rights due diligence and remediation
- How the UNGPs fit with other corporate sustainability frameworks and standards
- Corporate Participant tier members receive two free tickets and a 15% discount thereafter
- Corporate Signatory tier members receive one free ticket and then a 15% discount thereafter
- SME Participant/Signatory tier members receive one free ticket and then a 15% discount thereafter
- Non-business members receive a 15% discount
- Non-members pay full price
Please email email@example.com for the links to take advantage of these offers.
This event will take place under Chatham House Rule.